BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whatever!

I think I've talked about this before, but after my ride into work this morning, I have to address this issue once again.



Alcohol is a strange thing. When people drink it, funny things can happen to them.



And you've got to wonder why people keep pounding back the booze, when their minds and bodies clearly can't handle it.



We all know how bad drinking is for your liver and in eastern medicine, that organ is tied to feelings of anger. So I guess that's an explanation as to why some people turn nasty and violent when they drink.



While there are quite a few people who go that route when they're sauced, most of us get plain old obnoxious, like a guy I saw on the bus just a handful of hours ago.



First of all, I could smell him as soon as the bus doors opened to let me on. He was a young man, no older than 25, who was sitting in the front, almost greeting all the passengers as they got onboard.



No, I don't know about you, but people like this kinda scare me because you never know what they're going to do, like jump up and barf on you or something, so I took a seat in the back, as did many other passengers.



Even though I was at the opposite end of the bus and had my walkman on, I could still hear this guy talking to himself and making a big noise about nothing at all. He was so distracting, another intoxicated man moved from the front and sat next to me in the back!



Now, he was much quieter and far more calm, but the vapors of alcohol coming off his body spoke volumes.



The first drunk guy eventually got off the bus, causing a scene when he bumped into a bunch of people and then stood in the middle of the street waving his hands about.



At any rate, the point of this is that if you can't hold your liquor, don't drink so much! And for crying out loud, if you know someone who behaves like this after a couple of rounds, be a good friend and tape them, so they can see how idiotic they look.





But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on the New Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: