BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Whatever!

With over 6-billion people on this earth, you'd think we'd all be totally disconnected from each other, but nothing can be further from the truth.



In yet more proof of just how small this world really is, I've got to tell you a little story. It involves Facebook, which I know to some of you, is on it's way out, but I love it beyond belief!



The fact it was featured on 60-Minutes on Sunday is no doubt a sign of its impending distinction on the Cool-O-Metre, however, I'm here to stay because it's been an amazing way for me to find people from the past.



Some of them you don't really want to speak with and are just adding them as a friend to check out their profile to see if they turned into a serial killer like you thought they would.



But anyhoo, back to the point at hand. I almost peed my pants yesterday when I came across my first love! As much as you can love someone when you're 8-years old, he was it and I found him! Of course, I added him as a friend, and better yet, he accepted my request!



So, as I was perusing his profile, I noticed he knew someone I know of. While I've never met him, turns out my former hunk of burning love knows my good friend's current hunk of burning love!



Now what are the odds of that? Perhaps this is a sign from God? Maybe the heavens are opening up and smiling upon me!



In reality, this is all probably just a strange coincidence and we've crossed paths again just as a reminder of why it never worked out when we were in Grade-5.



Either way, it was a nice trip down memory lane and you won't hear me say this too often, but thank God for the internet!





But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on the New Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: