BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Whatever!

So, recently I shared with you my tale of how I finally got a cellphone.



I was pleased as punch at the thought of not having to scour the earth for a crusty, dirty, nasty, pseudo-outhouse phone-booth whenever I needed to make a phone call in public anymore.



While the whole cellphone philosophy of the day still doesn't appeal to me, it's the convenience and safety of the device which I appreciate most. Plus, being able to take pictures is kinda fun too!



Fast forward to this week, when I got my first bill! Keep in mind, I've only had service on the phone for less than 2-weeks, but right as rain, I get mailed my statement anyway.



And imagine the look on my face and all the acidic rage sloshing through my veins when my statement says I owe my service provider 87 dollars!



I was beyond shocked since I only agreed to a month-by-month plan for $20 worth of talk time and a $10 limit on text messages, which for my purposes, is beyond generous. I'm no math whiz, but I think we can agree, 10 + 20 does not equal 87!!!



So you know I got on the horn and dialed-up my provider to see what the damn deal was. Seems the person I spent an hour on the phone with setting-up my plan failed to tell me about a $35 activation fee and was also kind enough to sign me up for some magazine without my knowledge. Oh yeah, she also didn't bother to relay any information about the $6.95 monthly system access fee.



I think the person in the Cancellations Department could sense in the tone of my voice that I wasn't messing around when I called, so she was very apologetic, removed the silly extras and fees, except the system access charge, unfortunately, and made my bill much more palatable.



So the moral of the story here is, read your statement, always! You never know how people are going to try to fleece you, and you can bet they will, so take care of yourself and don't be afraid to fight for what's right!





But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on the New Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: