BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whatever!

I'm a city girl to the core. I lived in a smaller city for a few years because of work, but still don't think I can speak intelligently on country-life and the ways of farmers.



But I know common sense when I see it, and there seems to be a total lack of that and accountability going on with Ontario's tobacco farmers.



If you haven't heard, there's a group of them demanding the government help-them-out with a least a billion dollars in funding, so they can switch crops.



Last time I looked, if you were running a business and manufacturing a product that wasn't selling so good, that's your problem. It's not for politicians to take an enormous amount of taxpayer dollars to fix your blunders.



I mean really, it's not like tobacco farmers didn't see this coming a thousand miles away! We've known for decades how bad smoking is for your health and how cigarettes kill people!



It became blatantly obvious in the last 2-decades alone, that smoking is going the way of the dinosaur and its taking the profits with it.



So how is it our fault tobacco farmers stuck with their once-cherished crop and now want our money to start growing organic soy beans?



Actually, it’s not our fault and it's not our role to foot a billion dollar bill for someone to switch-up their business-plan.



Even if you look at it on a karmic level, these farmers were growing a product that they knowingly sold to companies, who added all kinds of nasty chemicals to it, that ended-up sickening and killing millions of people!



Again, I'm not a farming expert and I know it's a tough living to make. You're usually born into that kind of work and that's the way it is. But as far as I'm concerned, tobacco farmers don't have clean hands and certainly don’t have to right to demand money from my pocket for sticking this long with a bad business decision.





But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on the New Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: