BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Whatever!

I don't know about you, but I loooooooooove ice cream!!!



Even though I'm lactose intolerant, there are some creamy concoctions out there that are worth the hours of pain and bloating.



And I say some, because there are a lot more crappy ice creams in the stores made out of bizzare, low-grade ingredients, than yummy, high-quality frozen treats.



I've always considered myself a bit of food snob and along with perfect fruits and vegetables, I hold ice cream and chocolate to the very same exacting standard.



I'll even pay extra for so-called 'premium ice cream' to feed my fix. However, there comes a point when enough is enough!



I'll willingly pay between 5-6 bucks for a pint of Ben & Jerry's or Hagen Daaz, but when you try to charge me 7-dollars, or more for a little tub of ice cream, you're crazy!



What I really don't understand is how you can buy it 1-2 dollars cheaper at the drug store than at the supermarket, where you'd think food-products would actually be less expensive!



While I know those two brands are excellent products, I get pretty miffed when I see less-superior brands try to charge upwards of 9-dollars for what basically boils down to a couple of litres of frozen crap.



The way I see it, if I'm going to eat something that's not exactly the best for me, I want it to count! If I'm going to down a bunch of empty calories, I want it to taste absolutely sinful and be so worth it!



There's nothing worse or more guilt inducing than indulging in your favourite treat, and it doesn't hit the spot.



So just because a product says chocolate chip cookie dough, doesn't mean it's good chocolate chip cookie dough. And as a consumer, I'm tired of being financially penalized and abused, simply for having good taste.



But Whatever!




You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on The New Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: