BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Whatever!

Okay, so I got an update for you guys on yesterday's little rant!



To bring you up to speed, I was talking about buying a crappy hair-care product that did nothing for my hair, let alone meet the claims the company made about their product.



So, I sent them an email detailing my experience with their goods and how it left me wanting so much more. And apparently I wasn't the only person to write in!



The offending company in question got back to be the very next day and was very apologetic and even explained where the product may have gone wrong. According to these guys, the last version was so ineffective, they've re-formulated the stuff and I just happened to be unlucky enough to get some of the old stock.



They again apologized and offered to send me a coupon for the same product or to try another one in their line. Since they're trying to correct previous errors, I figure I'll give them another shot.



But the point of this is, sometimes it really pays to complain. I don't mean getting a replacement product. That's just a given.



The customer service person said because of letters like mine, the company was given a heads-up that maybe they needed to go back to the drawing board with their product. And if unsatisfied customers didn't let them know, they'd never be able to fix the problem.



So maybe this is proof that all us consumers are just as responsible for bad products on the market. While we don't make them or outrageous claims about their capabilities, we do continue to buy them and worse, suffer in silence and not let manufacturers know they need to do a better job.



I don't know about you, but I don't have money to burn, so it's up to us to make sure when a suspect good or service hits the market, we let its producers know, so they have a chance to improve it.



And if they don't, then it's time for some kind of regulating body to open up a can of whoop-ass and teach them a lesson!





But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: