BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Whatever!

About 99 per cent of the time, being a woman is awesome! But that one per cent can sometimes ruin everything for you.



For years, women have been the target of advertisers and marketers because in most households, we do the buying on everyday items.



Through this constant attack on our senses to buy, buy, buy, we're always coaxed into purchasing a wide range of beauty products.



This includes everything from soap and shaving cream to make-up and hair dye. And today's little story is about how I got royally ripped-off at the cash register!



My fabulous hair dresser, Bernie, recently stopped selling a truly wonderful colour shampoo that helped keep my fiery locks nice and red. Left to my own devices, I decided to try a new product to keep my mane looking fresh.



So, I tried it over the weekend and all I'm going to say is, it was completely useless! Not only did it leave zero colour in my hair, it left it looking and feeling greasy!



This is just another example of how women continue to fall victim to false advertising. I know men get the short end of the stick too, but you guys aren't relentlessly targeted in all the commercials like we are.



I guess my main concern about this whole thing is where's the standard? Why isn't their a governing body making these companies accountable for their outlandish claims and inferior products?



Think about it. Over your lifetime, how many things have you paid for that didn't come close to matching their promises or were just totally useless?



Why is this allowed to continue?



These are the questions I'm trying to uncover and I've even sent off a complaint to the offending hair-care company, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Though at this point, I'm just really hoping a government power will finally step-up and demand accountability for all us consumers.



But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: