BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Whatever!

Being somebody in broadcast news, you'd think I'd know at least a little bit about a lot of things. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought I did.



But apparently there's a massive shortage of a holiday fruit that nobody told me about! Or maybe there's been wide-spread bladder infections, causing victims to guzzle all the cranberry juice in the land, thus sapping the berry supply.



Some of you may have been listening last week when I put out the call for information on fresh cranberries. And several of you were even kind enough to do some research and email me back on where I could find some.



Alas, I wasn't able to pick-up any over the weekend, but I did call my regular grocery store to see if they were getting a shipment anytime soon. The lovely produce man I spoke with said they'd be getting a delivery on Sunday.



Because of the weather, I figured I'd give them a day, so I went in on Monday to see if they were stocked-up yet. When I walked in, I vigorously scanned the rows of produce but sadly, couldn’t find any of the familiar bags holding dozens of the tart, red, globes of holiday goodness.



Desperate, I went up to a couple of gentlemen loading displays with fruits and veggies to see if they knew where the cranberries where at.



One of them was a manager of some kind and said they were in the building, they just didn't know where. Then both men started digging through dozens of boxes to find some, and that's when another woman rolled-up with her cart asking if they knew where the cranberries where?



To make a long story less long, they couldn't find them!



So I'm, still stuck without cranberries! I can get frozen, I can get dried, but the fresh ones seem to be on the endangered species list and here I am, rapidly approaching Christmas with no lemon cranberry pound cake in sight. It's a sad state of affairs indeed.





But Whatever!





You can hear Ruby Jones' Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: