BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Whatever!

I don't know about you, but I've had it with winter! Yes, I'm sure that sounds a bit surprising, but in all seriousness, I'm quite depressed right now!



News yesterday of the winter storm watch hit me like an unanticipated snowball in the face and I gotta tell you, Mother Nature is hurting me right now.



I was so looking forward to the temporary thaw of the last few days. You know, mild enough to get away with wearing your fall coat, instead of your big, bulky winter one. And not having to slip and slide through snow that still hasn't been shoveled was something I was really starting to enjoy.



But now it's back and I'm none too happy about it! Sure it looks pretty, but by tomorrow, we're all going to be sick of it!



However, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. While it's not a fabulous-sounding weather forecast, it has to do with City Hall holding a meeting on snow-related issues.



Toronto's Works Committee will go over a list of complaints and recommendations on Friday, that come straight from pedestrians themselves, who are sick and tired of being thought of last in a snowstorm.



Some of the suggestions include actually plowing sidewalks that run along all the major roads in the city. Duh!



My favourite is setting a minimum-width property owners have to clear through the snow, since it's ridiculous to think hundreds of people walking down Yonge Street are all going to squeeze through a walkway the width of a dinky, plastic shovel, all at the same time.



I guess what really gets me down about this weather is how inconsiderate property owners are. If you don't like shoveling, you're hardly alone in that boat, but we live in Canada and we get snow, which means by law, you are required to clean-up in a timely manner after a storm.



So for the love of God, to the city, businesses and homeowners out there, please be nice and clear your ice! Oh yeah, and clean off your car too!





But Whatever!




You can hear my Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on the New Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: