BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Whatever!

If you ventured out of the house on Sunday and into Toronto's downtown core, you were either as happy as a pig in pooh, or irritated beyond belief.



Unfortunately for me, I was not the former.



I was rushing to meet Flow's fabulous afternoon traffic goddess, Samantha Mitchell, at the Argos game, when dozens of ‘little people’ slowed-up my progress and goal of getting to the Dome on time.



Now, you'll have to forgive me for my attitude. I'm not a parent. I don't plan on being one in the very near future and it's not that I don't like kids, it's just sometimes they get in the way, which I find is the fault of their parents more times than not.



When it's an incredibly busy day in a large city like Toronto, it's imperative you watch children like a hawk. They have a habit of wondering off in their cute, little way. And sometimes they dart into pedestrian traffic when their parents should be keeping them on a tighter leash.



And when I say leash, I don't actually mean a leash. Though I have seen some parents strap on those harness-thingies on their small children, which is weird and no doubt emotionally scarring in some way.



But I digress.



The point of this is the commute on the TTC was much more nerve-wracking than it should've been because it seemed like 3/4s of the people riding the train had never been on it! They didn't get the concept of putting their kids in a seat, or moving their strollers away from the door so people could get on and off, or even organizing themselves and their gear so people could actually stand on the train in relative safety.



Again, I'm sure I'm angering a lot of parents out there, but too bad! I used to baby-sit and have taken care of quite a few children in my day and gone on trips with them and such. I know it's a chore to get kids around on public transit. Even so, you've still got to show some consideration for the people around you.



And that especially includes the mall!





But Whatever!




You can hear my Whatever rants live Tuesday-Friday during the Morning Show at 7:50, on Flow 93.5. Or check out the podcast at www.flow935.com!

0 comments: